We are looking for a front-end developer to help us develop both our Dutch- and English-language platforms and our CMS, Include. This job is full time (40 hours per week). You’ll be based in our Amsterdam office, in the Netherlands. Our office is bilingual, communicating both in English and in Dutch.
- Together with our developers you will work to build and enhance our Dutch and English platforms.
- We’re continuously improving on our own CMS, Include. You’ll help us build features for our article editor, our contribution section, and our statistics dashboards.
- We’re continuously looking for new ways to present our journalistic productions, ranging from cool infographic features to transformative ways of collaborating with knowledgeable members.
- Our development team is unlike any other. As a front-end developer you’ll work closely with our writers, image editors, designers, social media team, and design agency Momkai (one of our founding partners).
- Our culture is one of invitation rather than command. You’re expected to plan out your milestones and deliverables, but your work is characterized by flexibility and rapid changes as well. We are always open to new ways of looking at things–and we expect you to be too.
- At The Correspondent we’ve always got an eye on the future, and we’re always working to improve what we do by inventing new ways to present journalistic content.
Our office provides a welcoming mix of warmth, humor, and creative chaos. You’ll get both the freedom and the guidance to grow. We’re interested in learning how you see the world. We highly value diversity in both cultural background and worldview – and actively seek to diversify our staff with every hire.
At The Correspondent, you’ll be part of an editorial team that is hugely passionate about the future of journalism. You’ll be working for an organization that continually challenges itself to be a more sustainable, diverse, vibrant, and rewarding place to work as well.